My fabulous trips for International travel, save money too! It is a great time of year to find a bargain. Make sure your get online and follow some of my tips. I’m busy looking for some bargains myself right now!
Booking A Trip:
1.Luxury travel news. Have you ever noticed that the price of airfares seems to go up if you search several times for a flight online? This isn’t your imagination! The price goes up incrementally if you browse several times for a flight on the same website. My top tip is to look around websites for the flight and erase your browser history before you book. Also I will write a luxury hotel blog as well as my luxury travel blog..
This applies to hotel booking websites as well so make sure to erase all of your browser history before booking.
– Join as many airline loyalty programs as possible. Those points and Airmiles really add up and you will soon be getting upgrades or upgrading with points accrued. I also think the airline treats you better apart from remembering all of the little things that make longhaul trips that little bit more comfortable such as meal and seat preference.
– Stay in new hotels/resorts. These are the places that want to fill up with guests and establish a good reputation and they are the ones that will upgrade you to a suite or give really good rates. Alternatively, get a hotel loyalty card and stay within the same hotel group, using the card each time and you will always be upgraded.
Apply for Airline Credit Cards with Free Airmails. Often you have to spend a certain amount on the card to get the free airmails. Only do this if you can afford to pay off the card, do not rack up debt. If you make sure you spend the minimum amount to get the free airmails but be careful to pay off the card each month, you will accrue enough for a trip before you know it!
This tip might be stating the obvious but DON’T travel in high season! Go during the cheaper months. November, for example is a great month to travel and has the bonus of being miserable weather in Europe at that time!
Packing for A Trip:
I’m always being told “Travel light” to which I say “WHY!” Take everything you could possibly need for a comfortable trip and more. I always have to buy things travelling light and so it can be a false economy. I take an empty case too, whenever possible, to fill with treasures I buy on the trip.
You will never suffer from jet lag if you follow my tips!
PHOTO; Sleep like a baby following my jet lag tips!
I have a blog dedicated to this subject now. Type jet lag into the search column on the right side of the page.
TRAVELLING WITH DOGS
– Travelling in Europe, you will need to get a pet passport. This is really straightforward just go along to your vet, check all injections including rabies are up to date. The only other requirement, other than a pet passport is a health check which must be undertaken by a vet between 24 hours and 5 days before travel. Now you are ready to go!
– Air France, Iberia, Vueling and various other european airlines will allow dogs to travel in the cabin with you. However, this only applies to small dogs and they must be in a pet carrier.
– It is a pleasure to take your dogs around Europe, especially France and Monaco – probably the most dog friendly countries in the world. Dogs are welcome in hotels and some restaurants and always on restaurant terraces. Some hotels do charge a fee for a dog to stay.
My favourite airlines:
Qatar Airways: http://www.qatarairways,com Etihad http://www.etihad.com
Pet Travel: http://www.eurotunnel.com http://www.gov.uk