We can now plan for Summer 2021. First on my list is a visit to London.
5 Day Luxury London Itinerary:
- Culture Day – Visit the latest Exhibitions and Museum installations
- Explore Day – Explore London – Discover Chelsea, Knightsbridge, Docklands, The City and more.
- Chillout Day – Relax in London’s Green spaces
- Shop til you drop and Cafe Culture
- Gourmet Day – Discover the best restaurants in the world
Are you planning a trip to London? I grew up here and still find it the most exciting vibrant city in the world! The first thing to do when you arrive is to check out the weather forecast. We do have rainy days in London, especially in Autumn and winter. The best time to visit? SUMMMER! Glorious sunny days and outdoor life. In the winter we are bundled up in overcoats and rushing about town. However, pre Christmas is another great time to visit, there is a special buzz with events and parties everywhere.
So…. check out the weather and if there 5 day forecast tells you rain is coming on one of the days, then that is too be your culture day. I travel the world and am astonished by the standard of the Art galleries, Museums and Art installations. We have the best in the world in London and most of the Museums are FREE! Read more about what to do in london here:
Check out my blog link above for some ideas for your ‘explore day’. Plenty of ideas for your 5 day luxury London itinerary. However, get off the typical tourist trail too! I really enjoyed a day exploring East London this summer, I think you will find it fascinating. East London has been redeveloped and is now a super cool part of London, popular with Millenials as a great place to live and play. Read more here:
Combine this with a more typical tourist jaunt to the Tower of London. Just hop on the Docklands Light Railway and it is 5 minutes away. You can use your Travel Pass on the DLR.
The perfect end to your explore day? A night out on the town of course! Where to enjoy the best views of London? Without doubt The Shard is a must visit, not only the highest building in London but home to a super hotel, bars and many restaurants. Read all about it here:
Well, you deserve a relax day now! It can be exciting but exhausting spending time in a big city with so much going on. time to recharge those batteries. Did you know 49% of London is officially ‘Green Space’? Take time out to enjoy the beautiful London Parks.
Summer time is the best time to enjoy the London Parks, when there is always something going on from Pop Concerts in Hyde Park to an open air Theatre in Regent’s Park. November and December are fun times to visit too, with the fun of the Christmas Fair in Hyde Park. Outdoor skating rinks pop up all around town too! Here is some more information on the London Parks:
Shop til you drop and Cafe Culture:
Rested and revived you can continue with you 5 Day Luxury London Itinerary, with some luxury shopping! My favourite places to shop are Chelsea and Knightsbridge. I especially love Harrods and could happily live with there! If you want some more unique, quirkier typically English small shops, take a stroll along Beauchamp Place, to Fulham Road and King’s road. Accessible from the back of Harrods, so you can do everything in one morning!
If you want a little bit of culture thrown into this day then pop into the Saatchi Gallery on King’s Road (they have a nice Cafe there for a coffee stop). Stroll down King’s Road and arrive at The Ivy Chelsea Garden in time for lunch. Read my ‘Where to go in London” blog (link at the top) for more information.
Hop in a cab (or go on the Tube) over to Picadilly and find some treasures in Fortnum and Mason. Fortnum and Mason have a super afternoon tea. However, you must book, it is very popular!
Favourite Places for Afternoon Tea
- Fortnum and Mason, Picadilly – Traditional English Afternoon Tea
- The Ritz Hotel, Picadilly – A classic tea with Champagne
- The Berkeley Hotel – Tea for Fashionistas with shoe shaped biscuits
- Ting Restaurant, The Shard – enjoy spectacular view of London
- Sketch – Traditional with a twist and a bit cheaper at £45
If you have not already treated yourself to some of London’s amazing selection of restaurants then today is the day! Start by enjoying Cocktails at one of the best bars in town. Don’t worry if you do not drink alcohol, there are some super tasty non alcoholic Cocktails:
Luxury Cocktail Bars in London:
Here are some of my favourite bars. However, make sure you book a table, they are all very popular. You can of course just hope for the best, but so much more enjoyable to have a table booked.
- The Rivoli Bar at The Ritz Hotel London – Old world style and elegance combined with the best barmen and incredible cocktails served with panache and style. A favourite of mine.
- Gong Bar in Shangri La Hotel The Shard – Enjoy the best views of London from the 52 nd Floor. Inventive Cocktails and great ambience too.
- Claridges Bar – There are several to choose. I like to go at Christmas, drink Champagne and see the Designer Christmas Tree.
Luxury Restaurants in London
- Scotts of Mayfair – Favourite for years, Super Fish Restaurant in the heart of Mayfair
- The Ritz Restaurant, The Ritz Hotel. Traditional Restaurant with good food and impeccable service in a quintessentially English Hotel
- Bintang Restaurant – Asian Fusion Food at The Shard. Best views of London and very cool restaurant with good food.
- Bibendum – Fulham Road, London SW3
- Wiltons, Jermyn Street, SW1. Behind Picadilly and this is where to find your class British Roast Beef dishes.
- The Punchbowl Mayfair – Classic British Pub food, good choice for lunch
- Sexy Fish – Younger vibe, Asian inspired Fish and Seafood
- CLondon – Italian Classics from Harry’s Bar in Venice in Mayfair
- Le Caprice – Super restaurant with luxury Art Deco and European menu
Read my The Ritz Restaurant Review here:
What to Wear in London
Last but not least, that very important question “What to Wear!” and “What to Pack”. I have a blog post on the subject! Read it here: