UPDATE: The perfect late Summer treat!
A stunning 5 star hotel set on a clifftop in County Durham. This gorgeous Georgian Mansion has 37 acres of landscaped gardens for guests to explore. AND is a five minute stroll from Seaham Beach famed for its seaglass.
If you don’t want to read the whole review – book a stay now, definitely recommended. Booking info here: Seaham Hall
10 Reasons to Stay at Seaham Hall Hotel
- Seaham Hall is a top class 5 star Hotel set on the beautiful County Durham coast.
- The Hotel Suites are GORGEOUS and combine the history and heritage of a Georgian Mansion dating from 1791 together with contemporary interior decor and every indulgence for a relaxing stay.
- Set on a clifftop in 37 acres of splendid landscaped gardens with Seaham Beach a short stroll from the hotel.
- The Award Winning Seaham Hall Serenity Spa is a wonderful treat, waiting to pamper guests with relaxing Spa Treatments.
- Delicious Food served in The Dining Room Restaurant and Ozone, a Pan Asian restaurant.
- Seaham Hall has a fascinating history stretching back in time to 1791. It is famous for hosting Lord Byron’s wedding in 1815.
- Friendly and helpful staff. For me, the most important thing about any hotel stay is to feel welcomed and cherished by a professional team.
- Things to do in the area. You have many things to keep you busy from spending a day on the beach, hiking along the clifftop walks, exploring nearby Durham and much more.
- Perfect for a weekend break, Couples Spa stay or a stop over on the way to Scotland.
- Good prices and great value for money. Also, Seaham Hall is sparklingly clean and all Covid 19 protocols are in force with continuous cleaning by the terrific staff. Masks are worn inside and hand gel available.
This was my first visit to the Durham Coast in the North East of England, but certainly not my last. We were charmed by the warm welcome, stunning clifftop walks, pristine beaches and delightful seaside town of Seaham.
The jewel in the crown of Seaham is undoubtedly Seaham Hall. A 21 Suite five star Hotel. Everything was perfection from the moment we drove through the Hotel gates until the time came to leave.
Suite 12 at Seaham Hall Hotel
We stayed in Suite 12 at Seaham Hall. Everything was just perfect, including the size of the Suite! Exceptionally large, pristine with a fresh clean decor and everything modern and looked new. Usually Hotel Suites outside the cities in England tend to be on the small side so this was a lovely surprise.
All of my favourite hotel essentials were here. Super comfy bed, top of my list! This was blissful, like floating on a cloud and we both slept well. Hallway with a fitted wardrobe and plenty of hangers, large full length mirror all so important and often overlooked.
Snuggle on the Sofa with a cup of Tea or Coffee. All provided in the Suite together with complimentary drinks in the fridge along with fresh milk. It’s the little things in life, don’t you think?
The bathroom was a very special treat. A super BIG bathtub with room for two, looking out over the gardens. AND a big glass container full of bubble bath. Heavenly! If I owned a Hotel, it would be exactly like this one.
Fluffy Towels, Robes and Slippers alongside good quality bathroom products make for a very comfortable stay at Seaham Hall.
Relax and Unwind at Seaham Hall
Enjoy the serene, laid back vibe and relax on a comfy Sofa, sip a Cocktail or play Pool in the Games Room.
Relax looking out over the stunning gardens.
The Serenity Spa at Seaham Hall
The Serenity Spa at Seaham Hall is exceptional. Stroll through a connecting tunnel from the hotel to be greeted by a magnificent wooden carved Elephant and a warm welcome from the Spa staff.
Enjoy an indoor swimming Pool, Hamman, Salt Sauna, outdoor hot tubs, hydrapool, water beds to relax ….. and so much more! There is also an excellent gym and Ozone Restaurant.
Book a massage or treatment. I enjoyed a blissful Ishga Facial with therapist Debbie, who was professional and knowledgeable and made my treatment very special.
Time for Dinner!
Evening at Seaham Hall
Choose between The Dining Room with classic dishes made from fresh local ingredients or Ozone with Pan Asian dishes. We dined in The Dining Room.
Step into a little bit of history at Seaham Hall! Lord Byron married Anna Milbanke here in 1815. Seaham Hall was her home. There is a splendid portrait of Lord Byron in the Dining Room. The original is in the National Portrait Gallery in London. This inspired us to try and quote some of Byron’s poems to each other. So romantic!
Scrumptious Fishcakes paired with a light Pino Grigio to start. Followed by 40 day aged Sirloin Steak with Peppercorn Sauce for my husband and Plaice with Samphire for me. Served with potatoes and Purple Sprouting Broccoli.
Delicious fresh ingredients, beautifully presented. Some interesting British Cheeses, including Rachel, which was a new one for us. Scrummy Chocolate cremeux.
Bedtime! A quick Spritz of the Lavender Pillow spray and we were fast asleep.
Time to explore Seaham after a hearty breakfast next morning.
Just a 5 minute stroll through the lovely gardens
and you will find Seaham Beach. Seaham Beach is famed for Seaglass and we were very enthusiastic beach combers!
Yes, I found a few pieces! The beaches here are superb, pristine and sparkling. I did not see one piece of rubbish on any beach, which is an achievement. Must be lovely for a dip in summer.
Stroll along to Seaham which is a classic English Seaside town. Spot the statue of Tommy and stop for an Ice Cream or some delicious Fish and Chips in the shops opposite the statue. Explore the little harbour or take a long walk along the Coastal walk on the Durham Coastal trail.
This was a perfect Couples break and we returned home refreshed and revived after our stay at stunning Seaham Hall in the delightful town of Seaham in North East England.
Seaham Hall and Serenity Spa, Lord Byrons Walk, Seaham SR7 7AG
email@example.com Telephone: 0191 516 1400