Tapas, a traditional Spanish dish, is a popular food choice in Barcelona. With its wide variety of flavors and textures, it can be enjoyed by everyone.
From classic dishes like patatas bravas to more experimental creations like croquetes de bacallà, there is something for everyone when it comes to tapas. Here are some of the best places to have tapas in Barcelona:
1. Cal Pep: This tapas bar is located in the heart of El Born and serves traditional Catalan tapas.
It has been voted one of the best tapas bars in all of Spain and has been featured in publications such as The New York Times. The menu features a variety of dishes ranging from classics like patatas brava to more innovative options like croquetes de bacallà.
2. Bar Cañete: This classic Spanish restaurant has been around since the 1940s and specializes in traditional Andalusian cuisine. The menu features classics such as pulpo a la Gallega and their signature dish, esqueixada de bacallà, which is made with salted codfish, tomatoes, onions, peppers, and olives.
3. Cervecería Catalana: Located near the Plaça de Catalunya, this restaurant is well known for its freshly prepared seafood dishes that are served with an array of sauces and spices. It also offers a great selection of beers on tap and an extensive wine list to choose from.
4. Quimet y Quimet: This tiny bar located in Poblenou is known for its amazing selection of cured meats and cheeses as well as its wide variety of house-made vermouths that can be enjoyed with your meal or on their own.
5. La Xampanyeria: This lively spot located near La Rambla offers up traditional Catalan fare such as bombas (potato balls stuffed with meat), esqueixada (cod salad), patatas bravas (fried potatoes with spicy sauce), and calçots (grilled scallions). The atmosphere is lively and the drinks are plentiful!
With so many great options available for tapas in Barcelona, it can be difficult to decide where to go! Whether you’re looking for a classic option or something more unique, these five restaurants are sure to provide an unforgettable culinary experience!
Conclusion: Barcelona is home to some of the best places for tapas in Spain! From Cal Pep’s traditional Catalan fare to La Xampanyeria’s signature dishes and drinks, there’s something for everyone when it comes to enjoying this classic Spanish cuisine!