The Northeastern region of India is one of the most beautiful, diverse and culturally enriched parts of the country. From the lush green forests of Assam, to the snow-capped mountains of Sikkim, there are so many breathtaking places to explore in this region. Here’s a look at some of the best places to visit in North East India:
1. Tawang, Arunachal Pradesh: Nestled in the lap of the Himalayas, Tawang is a picturesque valley located in Arunachal Pradesh.
It is home to some stunning monasteries, temples and other ancient sites. It also offers some amazing trekking opportunities for adventure lovers.
2. Kaziranga National Park, Assam: Situated on the banks of Brahmaputra river, Kaziranga National Park is home to a wide variety of flora and fauna. It is also home to two-thirds of the world’s population of one-horned rhinoceroses and also an important bird area with large numbers of migratory birds coming here every year.
3. Meghalaya: Meghalaya is one of the most beautiful states in North East India.
With its misty hills and lush green valleys, it makes for an ideal destination for nature lovers and adventure seekers alike. Some popular attractions here include Nohkalikai Falls, Mawlynnong Village & Living Root Bridges and Shillong Peak amongst others.
4. Nathu La Pass, Sikkim: Located at an altitude of more than 14000 feet above sea level, Nathu La Pass is one of India’s most stunning mountain passes connecting Sikkim with Tibet Autonomous Region in China’s mainland. The pass offers breathtaking views of snow-capped mountains and valleys that will take your breath away!
5. Ziro Valley, Arunachal Pradesh: Situated in Lower Subansiri district in Arunachal Pradesh, Ziro Valley is known for its rolling hills dotted with pine trees and paddy fields which make it look like a postcard picture come alive! The valley also houses several tribal settlements which makes it an ideal spot for cultural exploration as well as trekking activities like hiking or rock climbing.
The Northeastern part of India has a lot to offer when it comes to tourism – from lush green forests to snow-covered mountains – there are plenty of mesmerizing places to explore here! Some popular spots include Tawang in Arunachal Pradesh; Kaziranga National Park & Meghalaya; Nathu La Pass & Ziro Valley in Sikkim; and many more! So pack your bags and get ready to embark on an amazing journey across North East India!