As the weather turns cooler and the leaves begin to change colors, it’s time to start planning your fall vacation. There are many destinations that become especially beautiful when autumn rolls around, and there’s no better time than now to explore the world. Here we explore some of the best places to visit during the fall.
1. New England: One of the most classic places to go during autumn is New England.
This region of the United States is known for its stunning foliage, cozy towns and plenty of outdoor activities. Vermont, Maine and Massachusetts are all excellent options for a fall getaway.
2. The Canadian Rockies: The Canadian Rockies are already stunning in any season, but they become even more beautiful as temperatures drop and snow begins to blanket the mountain peaks. Hike through alpine meadows or take a drive along one of Canada’s scenic highways—the possibilities are endless.
3. Berlin: Berlin is an amazing destination in any season, but it really comes alive during autumn. Enjoy the city’s vibrant culture while taking in its iconic sights—the Brandenburg Gate, Museum Island and more—wrapped up in a blanket of red, yellow and orange leaves.
4. Tokyo: Japan’s capital city offers plenty of attractions any time of year, but it is particularly special during autumn when koyo (leaf-viewing) season starts. Visit parks like Ueno Onshi Park or Rikugien Garden for an unforgettable experience.
5. Prague: Prague has long been renowned for its beauty, but it takes on an even more magical quality during autumn when misty mornings set in and colorful leaves line its cobblestone streets. Take a stroll through Stare Mesto or gaze at Vltava River as you bask in this majestic city.
The fall season brings with it unique opportunities for travel all around the world. From exploring New England to visiting Tokyo for koyo season, there are countless destinations that will make your fall getaway truly unforgettable. Wherever you decide to go this autumn season, be sure to make the most out of this special time of year!