If you’re looking to visit Spain on a budget, you’ve come to the right place. Spain is a stunning country full of history and culture, and with a little bit of planning and some savvy money-saving tips, you can make your trip here even more affordable.
1. Choose Your Destination Carefully. Spain is a large country with many cities and towns to explore, so choosing your destination wisely is key when it comes to cutting down costs. Consider smaller cities such as Granada or Salamanca, which have plenty of sights and attractions but are much less expensive than major cities like Madrid or Barcelona.
2. Take Advantage of Free Attractions. Many cities in Spain offer free walking tours or free admission to certain attractions – take advantage of these and you’ll save a lot of money on your trip! Also look out for student discounts when visiting museums or galleries.
3. Use Budget Accommodation. If you’re willing to sacrifice luxury accommodations in favour of cheaper alternatives such as hostels, AirBnBs or camping, then you can save quite a bit on accommodation costs in Spain.
4. Avoid Tourist Traps. Eating at tourist restaurants or spending too much time at attractions that cater mainly to tourists can quickly add up – so do some research before your trip and find out where the locals eat and what the locals do for entertainment. You’ll find that these places are usually much cheaper than those frequented by tourists!
5. Take Public Transport. Public transport in Spain is usually quite affordable (at least compared to other European countries!) so take advantage of it when travelling between destinations – this will save you both time and money!
With a little bit of planning and some savvy money-saving tips, travelling around Spain on a budget is totally possible! From choosing your destination carefully to taking advantage of free attractions and using budget accommodation options, there are plenty of ways to cut down on costs while still having an amazing experience in this beautiful country.